Browse these beautiful things and make your life complete.
The day before your maternity photoshoot I recommend that you:
- Wax/Shave your legs, bikini area and underarms if aiming for a smooth look
- Apply body lotion so skin is soft and smooth
- If you prefer painted nails please have these done no earlier than the day before your photoshoot to avoid chips. Consider colours that will tone in with the dress colours. Muted/neutral tones or a classic red work with almost anything!
- Fake tan is best applied 2 days prior to your maternity photoshoot, and please remember to exfoliate before and after. It's much easier for me to warm up your skin tone in post processing than to fix patchy tan
HAIR & MAKE-UP
Whether you plan to do your own or have your hair and make up done professionally here are some top tips!
- Even if you normally wear your hair straight please add some loose curls. Soft waves add shape and movement to hair and look so much nicer when the hair is blown away from your face by the fan
- For those of you who plan to wear false lashes please avoid very long, thick lashes as these will block the light from your face. A more natural style of false lash works much better
- Please bring your make up bag with you for top ups in case needed
- When having your make up done professionally I recommend asking for a "soft glam" look so you look polished and feel beautiful and like yourself
WHAT SHOULD PARTNERS/KIDS WEAR?
A few ideas if you have older siblings or a partner who would like to be photographed:
- Male partners are recommend to wear jeans/chinos and a self coloured shirt/t-shirt. Shirts/t-shirts should be black, grey or white to tone in with all dress options. Accompany with plain black socks.
- Female partners are welcome to use the dresses available or to bring along a selection of outfits to choose from.
- Ensure everything is freshly ironed and I recommend plain rather than patterned options
- Children's outfits should be coordinated with your partner. For example, everyone in jeans with white top/shirt for a cohesive look. Children will be barefoot so its worth giving nails a clean and trim the day before!
- Feeling unsure of what you have picked out? Feel free to send me photos I am happy to help!
WHAT TO DO ON THE DAY
First of all don't worry! I have a gorgeous collection of dresses, outfits and accessories to choose from so you don't need to bring anything along specifically unless you want to. I will do everything I can to put you at ease and make you feel fabulous!
Some final things to consider on the day:
- Avoid wearing a bra with straps or socks on the day as these will leave marks on the skin which can be difficult to remove in post processing
- Nude coloured strapless bra and nude coloured thong or seamless style underwear is ideal to wear under dresses
- So that we can focus on you, we will start with images that include your children. Your partner can then take the children to the park while we focus on you!
- Feel free to bring your partner or a friend with you, even if your partner doesn't want to be photographed. They will help you to feel relaxed and they can tell you how amazing you look!