WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR NEWBORN PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
Unsure what to wear to your baby’s newborn photography session? Here are some helpful tips!
1. Don’t worry about shoes. Most family and sibling images are waist up only so your feet won’t be in the photos. If you are more comfortable sitting instead of standing you will be sat on the floor which is more comfortable wihtout shoes on. typically everyone will be barefoor for these images.
2. Wear solid colours or small subtle prints. Keep the attention on the baby and keep your photos timeless by avoiding distracting prints or logos.
3. Wear white/cream, black, neutrals or everyone in shades of the same colour.
- White is timeless and complements the newness and innocence of the baby.
- Neutrals work well to keep the attention on the baby and away from your clothing.
- If you prefer colour then have everyone in shades of one colour rather than all in different colours which will be distracting.
4. Avoid clothes with words on them. Our eyes are immediately drawn to words in photographs. We want the focus to be on your faces not on the clothing. I have been known to ask Dad to take a tshirt off and pop it on back to front in the past!
5. Wear clothes to your newborn photography session that you are comfortable in. If that means one of your favorite maternity tops, wear that. If you want to wear a dress, wear that. Your comfort will show through in your photos. Remember the photos are more about you snuggling your baby and less about your clothing. Sometimes the simplest pieces photograph best.
If you would like to chat about booking a newborn photography session with me please get in touch. I welcome expectant mums and dads to visit the studio for a cup of tea and chat so I can answer any questions you have prior to booking. My newborn photography studio is based just off Slateford Road in the Chesser area of Edinburgh and we have private on site parking.
« I confirm the subscription of this blog to the Paperblog service under the username beautifulbairns ».