Your Family Photographer in Edinburgh
Meet the photographer behind the Beautiful Bairns lens!
Hi, I’m Rachael, founder and photographer at Beautiful Bairns. I have almost 20 years experience of working with babies and children and wore various professional hats including nursery nurse and social care worker before heading behind the camera. Mummy to Lewis (9yrs) and Ollie (born October 2016) I knows a lot about Pokemon and have an extensive repetoire of silly noises!
Favourite biscuit: Borders biscuits, all varieties! Or for dunking you can’t beat a chocolate hobnob!
- Ambassador for the Baby and Newborn Photography Association (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Bachelor of Education Degree, Education Studies, University of Edinburgh
- Post Grad Counselling Certificate, University of Edinburgh
- Newborn training with Karen Wiltshire, Cass Davies, Helga Himer, Kellie Wilson
- Lighting Training with Gary Hill
- Family photography training with Nina Mace
- Red Cross baby and child 1st Aid training
If you choose me to be your family photographer I promise to give you a fun experience from start to finish. No forced smiles, no stiff posing but plenty of nonsense and genuine giggles! As a mummy myself I have an endless supply of silly stories, songs and even the odd fart noise to make sure your kids enjoy being photographed.
I love seeing your children grow from bumps to babies and beyond and would love to meet you all soon!