Pregnancy and baby classes Edinburgh & Midlothian
I have never needed face to face interaction with people more than when pregnant and then as a new mum. So I can only imagine how rubbish it has been for parents whose babies were born during or post pandemic. And actually I don’t have to imagine as you have been telling me!
At almost every newborn photoshoot, new mums and dads have told me how rubbish it has been. How hard it’s been to meet people. To build that elusive village we are all told we need. But how?! How if the one person you connected with lives in flipping Scarborough rather than Stockbridge? How to make new mum friends? Where to take your little one as a new Dad when everything seems to be for mums?
Thankfully now in the post pandemic era pregnancy and baby classes have resumed in person. So I have put together a list of what is available whether you are pregnant or have a new baby. If you know of any other classes in Edinburgh or the Lothians please do let me know so I can add their details!
Pregnancy Classes Edinburgh
- Dads Rock – ante natal classes resume October, whats app group open now – https://www.dadsrock.org.uk
- Kathryn Lawrence – ante natal classes in Leith – https://www.facebook.com/kathrynlawrenceperinatal
- Grow & Gather – hypnobirthing and ante natal classes in Leith run by midwives – https://www.growandgather.co.uk/classes
- The Bump Club – pregnancy exercise classes at Oriam Monday 6pm http://thebumpclub.com
- Edinburgh Women’s Fitness with Elspeth Alexandra – pregnancy power up classes – http://edinburghwomensfitness.co.uk
- The Pregnancy & Parents Centre – various pregnancy classes based in Newington – http://pregnancyandparents.org.uk/
Post Natal Classes Edinburgh
- Gymboree – baby massage & baby sensory classes – https://www.gymboreeclasses.co.uk/franchisees/edinburgh/#about-us
- Dads Rock – weekly playgroups, Dads in the Woods and regular outings – https://www.dadsrock.org.uk
- From Acorn to Oak with Love – baby massage and baby and toddler yoga – https://www.fatowl.uk/
- The Pregnancy & Parents Centre – various pregnancy classes based in Newington – http://pregnancyandparents.org.uk
I will aim to update this blog with any new classes I hear about so please let me know if you find any gems!